I have to admit, I didn’t know about The Liebster Award until lovely and grateful nominated me this week! It turns out, this award is a wonderful blogging tradition (across all genres) that is given from one blogger to another as a mark of recognition and support. If you’re nominated, you in turn give out the award to blogs that you enjoy reading. This award has German origins, hence its German name – Liebster translates as dearest, or beloved, which gives the whole thing an even friendlier feel. This is such a simple yet brilliant concept and a great way of letting fellow bloggers know you love their work!
I’ve seen that the rules can vary a little, but this was the set from lovely and grateful, so I’ll pass those on:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions your nominator asked you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs (and don’t forget to let them know)
- Ask your nominations up to 11 questions or facts about themselves
That’s it! It is a virtual shout-out and there’s no pressure at all to accept the nomination, but as it is my very first (and I love the concept), I gladly accept, so thank you once again to lovely and grateful for nominating me and here is my Q&A:
1. What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Planning is important and never force a post that just doesn’t want to be written. I find it easier to write a few posts in a batch and schedule them, this way I know I have regular posts to go up without having to force or rush one. Writing a post because you feel you should, rather than actually want to, never results in great things.
2. Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
Baking. I am no good at cooking meals for dinner, they never taste amazing, but once I turn my attention to sweet treats, yep, they taste good. Could just be all the sugar…
3. Do you have any pets?
No, but I do have a 2 year old son, which most of the time feels like trying to control an excitable, temperamental puppy!
4. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. I love tea too, but at the moment I just can’t resist a delicious latte.
5. What’s your favourite book and why?
It is tricky to pinpoint just one, but for the purposes of a succinct answer, I’ll go with The Secret History by Donna Tartt. It’s one of the few books I can read again and again and always get sucked straight back into.
6. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Right at this moment, the Maldives. The idea of reading on a white sand beach and listening to crystal clear water lapping at my feet is just idyllic.
7. What’s your favourite quote or personal mantra?
“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
8. Have you ever won any awards or trophies offline?
Not since school… sad times.
9. What’s your favourite weather?
The kind of warm yet cold days of autumn. You need to wear layers, but it’s still warm enough to take a stroll when the sun shines.
10. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
A reluctant early bird. When your son decides to get up at 6am every day, you don’t have a choice in the matter…
So, there’s a little insight for you! In turn, I’m going to nominate these fantastic blogs that I enjoy reading:
- Sarah Withers Blogs
- My Booking Great Blog
- The Lit Life
- Ellie Cee Jay
- Belle’s Library Book Reviews
- Carissa Reads it All
If you’d like to accept The Liebster Award, (and there’s really no pressure to!) here are your 11 questions:
- Has blogging changed the way you approach reading?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- How do you decide on your next read?
- Who inspires you?
- What’s your dream job?
- What author do you never tire of reading?
- What was the last book that made you cry?
- What’s your favourite book to film adaptation?
- Where’s your most memorable holiday destination?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Who would play you in a movie of your life?
This has been such an enjoyable post to write, hope you’ve enjoyed reading it, too!