I’ve decided to try something new this year and am going to take part in the Maidens of Murder 2019 Agatha Christie book club. Hosted by a fab group of bookstagrammers, this is a digital book club. Every month Maidens of Murder select one of Agatha’s back-catalogue to read and at the end of the month there is a discussion on their Instagram page. It’s really that simple. When I looked through the planned 2019 list and realised I hadn’t actually read any of them, it seemed there was only one thing for me to do. Yep, join in!
I love that this means through 2019 I will be reading (at least) one Agatha Christie book per month and ticking 12 more of her novels off my TBR list – I would one day like to have read them all! If you fancy joining in too, the selected books are:
- January: Sleeping Murder – Miss Marple’s Last Case
- February: Cards on the Table
- March: Why Didn’t They Ask Evans
- April: The Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side
- May: The Labours of Hercules
- June: Death in the Clouds
- July: Destination Unknown
- August: They Came to Baghdad
- September: A Pocket Full of Rye
- October: The Hound of Death
- November: Elephants Can Remember
- December: Death Comes as the End
So I’ll be kicking off with Sleeping Murder – it is Miss Marple’s last case and seeing as I haven’t actually read any Marple mysteries (I’ve only read Poirot stories and a few stand alones so far), I’m very much working from the back here. Hopefully it will still make sense! I’m looking forward to getting to know Miss Marple. Taking part in this book club means I will read Agatha books I may not have naturally been drawn to – and I like that.
Are you taking part in any reading challenges or specific book clubs this year?