Well, isn’t this a lovely way to round off 2018? I received a notification ping to say that Dora from Swift Coffee had nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award? Well, I’m glad you asked. It’s a virtual award that is passed on from one blogger to another for blogs that, “are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.” Thank you so much Dora for thinking about my little blog in that way, I’m chuffed! The award is also a way of getting to know your fellow bloggers better as you answer 11 questions, then in turn nominate 11 bloggers you admire to answer a new set of 11 questions (why 11? Anyone know?) you come up with for them, and so on. So yes, the award keeps rolling on and sharing the love; what a great idea and such a positive way to end the year!
So, here are my answers to the 11 questions Dora asked:
Who was the person who first inspired you to read?
My mum! I have such fond memories of her taking me to bookshops and basically funding my book habit until I earned my own money!
What was your favourite book when you were a child?
Matilda by Roald Dahl. Need I say more?
Do you read more physical or e-books?
It varies, I go through phases where for months all my reads are digital and vice-versa. Right now I’m in a physical book mood.
Is there a book that people usually read as kids but you only got to later?
Harry Potter. I read the first book at about 17, played catch up with the next three then waited eagerly for the last ones to be released!
Do you have a preferred genre or do you read a wide range?
A wide range! There’s a few genres I’m not too keen on (sci-fi, war) but wouldn’t rule any out if the book was good enough.
What motivated you to start a book blog?
I wanted to have a place that recorded all the books I read and what I thought of them. I used to write all this in an actual notebook, then 2 years ago decided to take it digital and joining the book blogging community has been just great!
How did you find out about the book blogging community?
Just through natural interest, I guess. I followed a few blogs for when I needed book recommendations and gradually started commenting and chatting to people. I got far more involved once I started my own blog though.
Do you have anybody in your life who’s just as enthusiastic about books as you are?
I’m not sure they’re quite as enthusiastic, but I have a few friends with similar reading tastes who are always up for a bookish chat!
If you could choose to live in a book (or rather, in the world of a certain book), which one would you choose?
Is it too obvious to say I’d love to live in the Wizarding World??
Are you a fast or a slow reader?
I’d say… medium-fast.
Share your favourite quote about reading!
“If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.” – Roald Dahl
Thank you for your fab questions, Dora! My 11 questions are:
- What is your favourite part about blogging?
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written?
- What are your thoughts on audiobooks?
- Who is the best character you’ve met in a book?
- Who is your most-read author?
- Are there any books you’ve read more than twice?
- Are you part of a book club?
- Which 3 books would you take to a desert island?
- Which famous person do you think is definitely a bookworm?
- Has book blogging changed your reading habits at all?
And my nominees are…
- Marilyn / Be Exactly Who you Want To Be
- Alyssa / A Lovely Book Affair
- Shell / Books by the Cup
- Elaine / Elaine Howlin – Literary Blog
- Emma / Words and Peace
- Mary / Silver Button Books
- Nicki / Secret Library Book Blog
- Inge / The Belgian Reviewer
- Jill / Jill’s Book Blog
- Ali / I Wuv Books
- Beth / bibliobeth
If you fancy taking part (and there’s completely no obligation to!), all you have to do is:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger.
- Nominate 11 bloggers you love and give them 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
As this is my last post of 2018, let me take a moment to wish you all a very Happy New Year and a wonderfully bookish 2019! x